Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Migrating to DTM + SiteCatalyst and Multiple Domains sharing the same code set

Level 2

I am currently using sCode and would really like to migrate to DTM. 

I have 2 websites sharing the same code set.  There is only (1) s_code.js file and one footer file that is common across both websites. There are 2 production domains, with 4 sub domains.  There are multiple DEV, QA and staging domains in place. 

I want to host the library on our server, but I am unclear of how to set up the "Domain and Path to Tracking File" information, when it needs to refer to more than 1 domain. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

**All the views given here are my personal and has no relation or doesn't reflect views of my employer.

Hello Aimme,

If I understand your question correctly, you want to let DTM know that your websites spans across multiple domains and not restricted to just one.

To do so, just following the steps given below:

1. Open your DTM Web Property

2. Click on "Edit Property"

3. On the edit page, you will see an option with a check box like, "This site spans multiple domains". 

4. Check this box and it will let you add addtiona domains to the same web property.

5. Last and the final step, say... "Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy wink"

Do like the post should you find useful by clicking on the "Heart Icon" and move this to "Solved" status for the benefit of other users of the forum.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics® & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting®

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

**All the views given here are my personal and has no relation or doesn't reflect views of my employer.

Hello Aimme,

If I understand your question correctly, you want to let DTM know that your websites spans across multiple domains and not restricted to just one.

To do so, just following the steps given below:

1. Open your DTM Web Property

2. Click on "Edit Property"

3. On the edit page, you will see an option with a check box like, "This site spans multiple domains". 

4. Check this box and it will let you add addtiona domains to the same web property.

5. Last and the final step, say... "Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy wink"

Do like the post should you find useful by clicking on the "Heart Icon" and move this to "Solved" status for the benefit of other users of the forum.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics® & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting®

Level 5

Hi 

Please refer to the https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/dtm/migration.html

Do let me know if you still face any issue.

Regards

Devinder

Level 2

No quite.  I have already defined my multiple domains and RSIDs.  

My issues is that I can not have a unique staging/dev library from the production library file.  We already have our own deployment process that promotes files items from Development > QA > UAT > Staging > Production. There is not a unique template for each environment.  

Level 5

Hi ,

You need to have separate dev report suite for the respective environment otherwise it will keep feeding your production data.

If you have RSID for the dev/test/qa/uat than you can have one similar s_code file and can overwrite s_account by another custom java script before it trigger request. In this way production RSID will keep on processing through all stages where each stage will trigger data to the dev RSID.

Regards

Devinder