Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Median Order Value

Level 1

Hello,

Our price points have a large variance such that our AOV doesn't well represent the bulk of our transactions. I did create segments of order value buckets so that I can us to directionally make conclusions, but I was hoping there was a way to achieve true Median Order Value for a date range. Is there any way I can do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

ok so I think you need to provide the Mdian as a metrics breakdown of something else.

Raw in a free form like that may just sum.

If you do by

product  -> revenue -> median revenue

I would expect 

product1  -> revenueX -> median revenueAA

product2 -> revenueY -> median revenueAA

product3 -> revenueZ -> median revenueAA

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

What if you tried to make a calculated value? Use math function against a revenue dimension.

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 2.35.52 PM.png

Level 1

Yes, but when I create that and add it to a table it seems to simply provide a SUM of the date range selected for revenue and not a median at all.

These 2 values are the same:

JFN1_0-1639598559354.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

ok so I think you need to provide the Mdian as a metrics breakdown of something else.

Raw in a free form like that may just sum.

If you do by

product  -> revenue -> median revenue

I would expect 

product1  -> revenueX -> median revenueAA

product2 -> revenueY -> median revenueAA

product3 -> revenueZ -> median revenueAA

Level 1

Ok, so that worked when I used my Purchase dimension so I did get a static number for the date range - which is a lot better than nothing. Unfortunately it doesn't let me trend that value over time in a time series. Not sure if that's possible.

Level 4

Hey @JFN1 - Are you capturing order value in a prop or evar ? Do you capture Revenue or Order value ?

Do you have a calculated metric ? You need to disable the "include_zeroes option" as shown below and then you would be able to see the median revenue : 

Calculated Metric.png