Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

MCVID in 2 different domains

Level 3

Hi,

Our website has 2 different domains. So if we have 1 Launch property and 1 report suite for both the two different domains, would my MCIVD will remain the same across the two different domains or would it change.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

@praveshn5700477Since the domains are different for both the website. So, I will suggest you to use the appendVisitorIDsTo method in case of cross-domain tracking because in case of browser like Safari which tends to block the third party cookie can lead to inflated Visitors as the visitor will be treated as an entirely new visitor when he moves from one domain to another. For more information on appendVisitorIDsTo you can refer to the below documentation link.

Link: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/id-service/using/id-service-api/methods/appendvisitorid.html

Regards,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

@praveshn5700477Since the domains are different for both the website. So, I will suggest you to use the appendVisitorIDsTo method in case of cross-domain tracking because in case of browser like Safari which tends to block the third party cookie can lead to inflated Visitors as the visitor will be treated as an entirely new visitor when he moves from one domain to another. For more information on appendVisitorIDsTo you can refer to the below documentation link.

Link: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/id-service/using/id-service-api/methods/appendvisitorid.html

Regards,

Abhinav

Level 2

To add to what @kainth mentioned, if your site does not block third party cookies then the ID Sync call would run through our demdex servers and return the same MCVID on Domain 2. The method suggested would work if there's a journey from Domain 1 to Domain 2.