Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Marketing Channel Setup

Level 4

I am creating two marketing channel i.e. Paid video and Display. In both channels I am using utm_source parameter. But both utm_source have different values. Please find the reference image:

bindukumari1990_0-1621866127512.png

As we know marketing channel follows waterflow model, so suppose if above condition satisfied, it will not go into below condition, right because I am using same parameter. Kindly confirm, as I am new to the tool. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Bindu,

Absolutely yes. If the first rule/condition is met, the resultant marketing channel would be the first. If the condition didn't meet, then it will move to the next rule/condition and goes on.

Marketing Channel is based on water flow model and priority is given the credit, thus, you are right, no doubt there. And, it is not only for the same parameter, even if you use a different parameter and if the first rule/condition is met, the resultant marketing channel would also be the first, it will not move to the next rule/condition.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Bindu,

Absolutely yes. If the first rule/condition is met, the resultant marketing channel would be the first. If the condition didn't meet, then it will move to the next rule/condition and goes on.

Marketing Channel is based on water flow model and priority is given the credit, thus, you are right, no doubt there. And, it is not only for the same parameter, even if you use a different parameter and if the first rule/condition is met, the resultant marketing channel would also be the first, it will not move to the next rule/condition.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj

Level 4

@PratheepArunRajthen how to resolve the issue, but at one time only one condition will be satisfy. So if I have put like this then it should work.

Community Advisor
Dear Bindu, You have configured it correct. What is the question now? Thanks, Pratheep Arun Raj.