Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Marketing channel attribution

Level 3

Hi,

I am trying to understand how marketing channels and attribution work in Adobe Analytics. I have attached an example screenshot below.

What I am trying to understand is:

1. Why does SEO has 14 form completions (30 day attribution window) with 15 visits?

2. The first tracking code has 299 visits but 0 lead participation. There should be at least one participant because this campaign was targeting our existing clients and their lookalike audiences.

channel attribution.PNG

4 Replies

Employee

Here, you have a few different considerations going on which could be contributing to the numbers you are seeing.

1. You have started with the URL and then breaking down by the tracking code. Is this URL representing the landing page or the confirmation page? It shows all the Form Completions being associated with that page so is it possible there is another page associated with the form completions for these other tracking codes? Also, are you able to look at just the tracking code report without the breakdown? Does that should anything different? I suspect it may be similar given the fact you are using cross-visit participation setting for your Form Completion metrics.
  2. Depending on how you have the logic for your tracking code being set, this could also be influencing the numbers or even how the tracking codes are being set. I would take a look at how you have configured the tracking code being set to see if there are any scenarios that could account for this.
  3. Another area to potentially explore would be related to the visitor ID and if there is anything possibly going on there. This is less common, but may be worth looking into.

Here is some additional information on attribution and participation if you have already reviewed it:

Level 3

Hey Derek,

Thanks for the reply.

1, The URL is the landing page. The reason why there are form completions being recorded down is because I'm using Participation as the attribution model.

2. What would you look for when investigating the tracking code setup?

Employee

Makes sense on #1.

For #2 I'd look at the logic to set SEO. I'm not sure if you are doing that in the data collection code or more through the Marketing Channels setup in the Admin console. It's possible that the SEO value could be getting set subsequent to users coming to the site and that could account for what you are seeing. 

Best of luck!

Level 3

Hey Derek,

Thanks for helping out. I`ll check on our data collection code and marketing channel setup and see what's going on there.