Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

mapping existing digitaldata layer to XDM

Level 4

Hi,

I have existing digital data layer object which I am planning to map to XDM schema and then send it to edge and then to Adobe Analytics through Web SDK. Is there documentation or resource to map  existing  data layer to edge.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There isn't any specific documentation, because your data layer's schema is probably unique to your business' needs.

What you should do is to understand the fields that are required in the XDM schema, and then map your data layer's variables to that schema. Ultimately, you must send a key-value object that conforms to the XDM schema to Web SDK, in order for Adobe Experience Platform to accept it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There isn't any specific documentation, because your data layer's schema is probably unique to your business' needs.

What you should do is to understand the fields that are required in the XDM schema, and then map your data layer's variables to that schema. Ultimately, you must send a key-value object that conforms to the XDM schema to Web SDK, in order for Adobe Experience Platform to accept it.

Level 4

Thank you. Thats very helpful. I will go ahead and do that.