Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Map Marketing Channels for App only (identify mobile app traffic not browser traffic)

Level 2

I am looking to understand how to set up marketing channels to identify mobile app traffic instead of browser using deeplinks? The app is a separate report suite from the website.

All the resources I am finding are for identifying browser traffic and campaign tracking which I understand. Any resources on how to set up marketing channels for a Mobile App only Report Suite?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @ddeling 

You can use Mobile App acquisition for campaign tracking however still would not work for Marketing channels .

Best workaround that being used is using a campaign URL that redirects from webpage to app launch or store.What you can do is set up a standard URL campaign which hit land to Web page that tracks the campaign as standard and at the back end redirects the visitor to app by this mean you can set the query parameter and use it for Marketing channels rule.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Marketing Channel Rules are quite flexible in how you can identify traffic sources. For example, if you capture deeplinks in a dimension already, you could base your Marketing Channel Rules based on that dimension.

Can you share some details on how you are directing users to the app and which Marketing Channels you would like to set up?

Level 2

Thanks for the reply. The only campaign so far was email and it was directing traffic to the app store. 

This seems to be a solution. 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/tracking-link-clicks-for-...

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @ddeling 

You can use Mobile App acquisition for campaign tracking however still would not work for Marketing channels .

Best workaround that being used is using a campaign URL that redirects from webpage to app launch or store.What you can do is set up a standard URL campaign which hit land to Web page that tracks the campaign as standard and at the back end redirects the visitor to app by this mean you can set the query parameter and use it for Marketing channels rule.

Thanks