Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Login Reports for Analytics without an event

Level 2

I need to create reports for logins and unique login for daily, monthly view and rolling 30 days.

But, I specifically don't have events firing for Login successful.

Can anyone tell me how to create reports for this using  sequential segment? or is it possible?

eVars available are pagename and pageUrl and a eVar which checks authentication (logged In)?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Is there a specific path that users take to log in? I would start with that, but you also have to consider @RobertBlakeley 's questions and other factors such as when logins expire, because those could determine how you set up unique logins specifically.

If you could provide other details, we might be able to help with setting the segment or report up. It does not have to be specific. You can just say "Users log in by going to Page X. When they log on successfully, they land on Page Y."

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

It depends on the details of your site implementation. e.g.:

• How do you define unique login vs. login?
  • What is the page name flow for logging in?
  • When is the evar that checks authentication status set?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Is there a specific path that users take to log in? I would start with that, but you also have to consider @RobertBlakeley 's questions and other factors such as when logins expire, because those could determine how you set up unique logins specifically.

If you could provide other details, we might be able to help with setting the segment or report up. It does not have to be specific. You can just say "Users log in by going to Page X. When they log on successfully, they land on Page Y."

Community Advisor

Hello,

Just to make sure I understand, you essentially have access to:

• Page Name
  • Page URL
  • Login Status (use is logged in or not on every page/action)

But you don't have a "login" action (the actual "successful login" action)

Correct?

And basically you want to use sequential segments to determine the "action".

I have both "login actions" and "login status" and I tested this segment on our site, and got close values:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1704293740453.png

Basically, I am using a HIT based segment to try and get the first "yes" login status, following a sequential "no" then "yes".

Note that the container is set to VISIT and "Only Before Sequence"

HIT

VISIT Container (ONLY Before Sequence) [

Logged In Status equals no

THEN After 1 Hit

Logged In Status equals yes

]

AND

Logged In Status equals yes

I paired this segment with the Occurrences metric.

This will get you "Login" actions... but @RobertBlakeley is right, what is your definition of "Unique Logins"?

Level 2

yes correct .Thanks @Jennifer_Dungan 

Unique logins will be the unique visitor login . Thinking of using a segment where unique visitor with user login  or using ecid (not sure about this).