Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

List pages before and after an specific page given with constrains

Level 1

Greetings!

I have a page Something|Subsomething|Main with 100 visits, for example.

I want to know the pages not starting with "Something|Subsomething" where some of my 100 visits came from to visit Something|Subsomething|Main and their respective visits (the respective part of the 100 visits). i.e:

1. Something|A|index : 10 visits (10% of 100)
2. Something|B|index : 10 visits (10% of 100)
3. Something|C|index : 10 visits (10% of 100)
4. Something|Subsomething|Chat: 20 visits (20% of 100) This one is out of the sample I want because the rule.
[...]

And then, quite the same logic but the pages after Something|Subsomething|Main. In this case, some of the 100 visits wont go anywere. But, to say 50 visits will arrive to any page, in this case, pages starting with Something|Subsomething can be included, i.e.

1. Something|Subsomething|AdditionalInformation: 25 visits (50%)
2. Something|SocialMedia: 25 visits (50%)

I alredy tried using sequential segmentation but I'm not getting the desired results.

Here's the try for the first case:

Case 1.Case 1.
Appreciate any suggestion.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You could also let AA build the base segment for you first, using the Flow visualisation.

First, create the Flow visualisation. Drag your "Something|Subomething|Main" as the page to build the flow. Then, look for a previous page that matches your "Something|" condition, e.g. the page "Something|A|Index". Right-click that page and choose "Create segment from path".

yuhuisg_0-1651113292633.png

AA should show you its segment builder for that specific previous page:

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 10.33.02 AM.png

Now, modify the condition for that previous page (e.g. "Something|A|Index" in my screenshot) to match the conditions that you need.

Hope that works for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You could also let AA build the base segment for you first, using the Flow visualisation.

First, create the Flow visualisation. Drag your "Something|Subomething|Main" as the page to build the flow. Then, look for a previous page that matches your "Something|" condition, e.g. the page "Something|A|Index". Right-click that page and choose "Create segment from path".

yuhuisg_0-1651113292633.png

AA should show you its segment builder for that specific previous page:

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 10.33.02 AM.png

Now, modify the condition for that previous page (e.g. "Something|A|Index" in my screenshot) to match the conditions that you need.

Hope that works for you!