Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Landing Page Not Recorded

Level 1

I am seeing an issue where Omniture is not recording the landing page that customers see when driven to my site from advertisements on other websites and social media. 

Background:

We drive customers to a landing page that includes a form where they can input their information and be matched to products that we offer.  The proper sequencing should be 1) landing page with form, 2) a "wait page," which is a brief interstitial page while the results page loads, and then 3) the product matching page.  I now see many instances where the wait page is recorded as the first page that a customer visits.  I can pinpoint the specific date when the issue first started occurring, and then a specific date when the issue became a problem (when the number of daily occurrences increased by ~15x.  

Troubleshooting:

• There were no changes to our website or redirect logic on those dates
  • We have tested our the URLs of our advertisement, and they all resolve to our landing page properly
  • There is no way that individuals land directly on our wait page
  • We can not identify any unifying characteristics (like browser, device type) that seem to suggest a problem on the user side
  • Users are recorded as landing on the wait page, but then receive the product matching page, so we know they had to land on the landing page and submit their information
  • We cannot reproduce the issues, when we replicate the customer experience SiteCatalyst records the proper pages in the proper order

Has anyone seen an issue like this where the customer experience is intact, but the specific pages are not being reported?  It should also be tied to a specific date (so I doubt there was a dramatic of people changing their cookie/javascript settings).

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Could you please check out your Internal URL filters as well? Those may be causing the problem  https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/internal_URL_filter_admin.html

Thanks!

Tanmay

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Could you please check out your Internal URL filters as well? Those may be causing the problem  https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/internal_URL_filter_admin.html

Thanks!

Tanmay

Level 4

HI Brandon - agree you should check the Internal URL filters.  Also, if you are able to share the link to the landing page the community can try to troubleshoot for you.