Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Keep same ECID as same UV when switching mobile phone

Level 4

Hi,

Understand that if customer re-install or fresh install the app on the new phone, a new ECID will be generated and thus counted as a new UV.

But what about those cases when the app is transferred from the old phone to new phone, e.g. by using iTune backup for iPhones; using tools like Smart Switch for Samsung; is the ECID going to be unchanged and thus same UV is preserved.

Thanks,

John

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @Hey_John,

Based on my understanding the Visitor Id changes when the visitor switches to a different phone. However, if you want the Visitor ID to be the same then you can try using the setUserIdentifier Mobile SDK API to set your custom visitor id as you can populate the custom visitor id for the visitor once the visitor signs in to your App. For more information, you can refer to the below documentation link.

Link: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/mobile/android/methods.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @Hey_John,

Based on my understanding the Visitor Id changes when the visitor switches to a different phone. However, if you want the Visitor ID to be the same then you can try using the setUserIdentifier Mobile SDK API to set your custom visitor id as you can populate the custom visitor id for the visitor once the visitor signs in to your App. For more information, you can refer to the below documentation link.

Link: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/mobile/android/methods.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhinav

Level 1

Hi Abhinav,

Seems like the above link is broken. May you please update this?

Thanks and regards,

Anmol