Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Is there a way to report pages that have never been visited ?

Level 1

Assuming we have a master list of pages (e.g. from sitemap.xml)

is there any way to report those pages which have NOT had any hits for a given period ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

With a goal of trying to report on the absence of data, where even a single page view would move the page in question from the "no traffic" column to the "has traffic" column, your best bet is probably to do your analysis outside of Analytics.

With that, as long as you have a complete list of pages to compare against, you could possibly build a solution using Adobe's Excel plugin (Report Builder). This should be dynamic enough, with the ability to quickly update date ranges, metrics, and the list of known pages for your lookup (vlookup).

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @amithc90965147 ,

The pages are tracked when there are Hits (server calls) sent to Analytics servers. So, I don't think there is a way to report on those pages which didn't send any Hit. One way would be to find all the pages from the master list that doesn't have any numbers in the Analytics reporting - those can be understood to have not been tracked yet.

Thanks!

Level 1
Is there anyway to do that online inside Analytics or some other tool or do I need to export some reports and basically do my own vlookups in excel ?

Correct answer by
Level 8

With a goal of trying to report on the absence of data, where even a single page view would move the page in question from the "no traffic" column to the "has traffic" column, your best bet is probably to do your analysis outside of Analytics.

With that, as long as you have a complete list of pages to compare against, you could possibly build a solution using Adobe's Excel plugin (Report Builder). This should be dynamic enough, with the ability to quickly update date ranges, metrics, and the list of known pages for your lookup (vlookup).

Employee Advisor

The short answer is "no". You may pull the list of pages from Analytics and compare it with your master list. 

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?