Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Is there a way to export data with more than 3 dimensions?

Level 1

Does anyone know if there is a way to export data with more than three dimensions? I need to see metrics by day, campaign, event and page. Would really like to add Referrer Type to that also. But everything I have tried is too limited. Report Builder gets the closest, but still seems to be limited to 3 dimensions. Is there another way?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You should be able to add as many dimensions as you want with Data Warehouse, or with the Adobe API.

Data Warehouse:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1665198697050.png

API: https://adobedocs.github.io/analytics-2.0-apis/?urls.primaryName=Analytics%202.0%20APIs 

FYI, there is also a debugger mode in Workspace that will allow you to grab a pre-built API format for the dimensions you want to pull, which will make creating the API call a lot easier if you decide to do that method.

To enable debugger mode:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1665198861124.png

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1665198940752.png

It will show you what calls are involved, depending on your pulls there may be several that need to be run in order:

Jennifer_Dungan_3-1665198990937.png

Jennifer_Dungan_4-1665199062866.png

The XML request/response, cURL request and JSON request/response are all shown on the page, giving you either the pull you need, or at the very least a base to build from.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You should be able to add as many dimensions as you want with Data Warehouse, or with the Adobe API.

Data Warehouse:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1665198697050.png

API: https://adobedocs.github.io/analytics-2.0-apis/?urls.primaryName=Analytics%202.0%20APIs 

FYI, there is also a debugger mode in Workspace that will allow you to grab a pre-built API format for the dimensions you want to pull, which will make creating the API call a lot easier if you decide to do that method.

To enable debugger mode:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1665198861124.png

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1665198940752.png

It will show you what calls are involved, depending on your pulls there may be several that need to be run in order:

Jennifer_Dungan_3-1665198990937.png

Jennifer_Dungan_4-1665199062866.png

The XML request/response, cURL request and JSON request/response are all shown on the page, giving you either the pull you need, or at the very least a base to build from.

Community Advisor

There is also a raw data feed, but that data needs a lot more processing, since it includes extra rows of data which are excluded in Workspace... unless you are ready to dig in and learn the ins and outs of processing the raw data, I would stick with the Data Warehouse or API for now, as those should both represent the processed data.

Level 1

Can we use multiple dimensions in Data Warehouse? we faced issue where data was not matching between workspace and warehouse report when we applied multiple dimensions. We reached out to client support and the answer was:

1. Using more than one breakdown in DWH will deduplicate the data in DWH and it's not recommended to match with Workspace projects.

2. Workspace and DWH both tools are designed to pull data for different purposes and not to compare the numbers.

Community Advisor

Well the answer to that is "yes" you can export multiple dimensions... but you are correct, the data won't de-duplicate for you... the same is true with Raw Data Exports.. you would have to do a lot of processing on the raw data to make it act the same as Workspace.

So if you are trying to use Metrics that need de-duping, I would maybe try the API calls....

Workspace is built using the API... but I know that there are some built in limitations for performance (since Workspace is more about the top X data, than about all the individual records)... you might be able to lift some of those restrictions for your purposes?