Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Is report builder compatible with office 365 excel?

unba2020
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I'd like to know if the report builder plug-in is compatible with microsoft office 365 excel (online), can anyone help?

Thank you,

Unji

1 Accepted Solution
suneeshkachroo
Correct answer by
Level 4
Level 4

Not available at Online version , Report builder only works when Excel is installed at local machine. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
amgup
Level 7
Level 7

@unba2020 Microsoft Excel needs to be downloaded on the local machine in order to use the Report Builder. The same can be verified from below document :-

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/report-builder/report-builder-setup/system...

unba2020
Level 2
Level 2

@amgup 

Thank you! So you are saying the report builder cannot be used in office 365 version of excel - Am I understanding this correctly?

ishans52004352
Employee
Employee

@unba2020Report Builder is compatible with Office 365 Excel. I'm using it. Further, you will need to have it on your machine. Also, ensure that the Report Builder is selected under COM Add-ins (Microsoft Office button -> Options -> Add-ins -> Select COM Add-ins from drop down - > Go.

ishans52004352_0-1630939100190.png

PratheepArunRaj

Hello unba2020,

If your question is answered, can you mark the answer correct and close this trail for everyone's use.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B | Xerago | Terryn Winter Analytics 

ishans52004352
Employee
Employee

No, I don't think so. We need to have it installed on our machine.

mannbarry2
Level 1
Level 1

Not the online version. You could always invest in supermetrics on build something in workspace. 

suneeshkachroo
Correct answer by
Level 4
Level 4

Not available at Online version , Report builder only works when Excel is installed at local machine. 

View solution in original post