Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Is it possible to track Google Web Stories in Adobe Analytics?

Level 1

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

While I've not used Google Web Stories, according to this: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/9838173?hl=en it seems like all the data collection you have on your website should continue to track when using GWS.

Android testing will be difficult, but have you tried connecting your iPhone through a proxy like Charles or Fiddler to validate your tracking when using GWS... you may already be tracking it?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

While I've not used Google Web Stories, according to this: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/9838173?hl=en it seems like all the data collection you have on your website should continue to track when using GWS.

Android testing will be difficult, but have you tried connecting your iPhone through a proxy like Charles or Fiddler to validate your tracking when using GWS... you may already be tracking it?

Adobe Champion

Google Web Stories use amp-analytics, which you can configure to push data to Adobe Analytics.

If you just want a simple page view tracking for Web Stories, amp-pixel is another option, and you can append dimensions into the pixel parameters to push to Adobe Analytics.

Community Advisor

Wow, Google Web Stories is using AMP? That is so weird considering Google seems to have lost interest in supporting AMP....

• Search Engines no longer prioritize it
  • GA4 isn't supported on AMP
  • iOS Chrome no longer works with the AMP Authentication

AMP feels like a sinking ship... 

Adobe Champion

Totally agree. Facebook is also shutting down its own version of AMP, too, so yeah, I feel like we should be playing the string quartet scene in TItanic for AMP.

They may not be supporting AMP anymore, but based on their documentation, they are still using AMP elements in some of their products. That's good news for now because if they shut that down, I am not sure how we would be able to track some of these offsite content products and not have them come in as direct visits.