Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is full length page URL available in data warehouse

Level 2

I understand that you have to setup an eVar or prop to capture page URL in Analytics.  However, there is character limits on eVar and props and my page URLs could be super long. (I've already captured page names, but I need full length page URL as well). 

Isn't full Page URL supposed to be available in data warehouse without character limits?  I can't find any adobe documentation on this point.  I had a data warehouse report that used to have full page URL but that same report no longer has full page URL any more when I ran it recently.  Did I accidentally change something along the way somewhere?  I though the Page URL dimension in data warehouse is an out of box implementation.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

The short answer is that full page URL with no character limit was available in data warehouse prior to 6/17/21.  Below is the full answer from Customer Care: 

From June 17, 2021, onward all report suites were updated to have Same-as-SiteCatalyst VISTA Processing set to ON in a phased manner. This change impacts Data Warehouse reporting by processing the data to match processing rules.

With this setting disabled the DW use to look at pre columns of raw data, i.e. at unprocessed data. However, with this enabled it looks at the post_ columns that have data after Analytics reporting logic is applied. That's why the characters from Page URL are now truncated beyond 255 char.

We recommend having this setting turned on to have matching numbers/consistent data between UI reports and data warehouse.

Here is the link to release document that mentions about this change: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/release-notes/experience-cloud/previous/2021/06172021.html?l...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Page URL in data warehouse will capture only 255 bytes. I recently run a report from data warehouse, but all are cut off at 255 using the out of the box Page URL dimension.

Level 2

I have an older report that has 400+ characters......I wonder what changed.....

Correct answer by
Level 2

The short answer is that full page URL with no character limit was available in data warehouse prior to 6/17/21.  Below is the full answer from Customer Care: 

From June 17, 2021, onward all report suites were updated to have Same-as-SiteCatalyst VISTA Processing set to ON in a phased manner. This change impacts Data Warehouse reporting by processing the data to match processing rules.

With this setting disabled the DW use to look at pre columns of raw data, i.e. at unprocessed data. However, with this enabled it looks at the post_ columns that have data after Analytics reporting logic is applied. That's why the characters from Page URL are now truncated beyond 255 char.

We recommend having this setting turned on to have matching numbers/consistent data between UI reports and data warehouse.

Here is the link to release document that mentions about this change: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/release-notes/experience-cloud/previous/2021/06172021.html?l...