Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Instances on Merchandising Evars: Clarification

Former Community Member

According to the "Instances on Merchandising Variables" help document (http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/var_merchandising_instances.html), three things must be present to capture an instance against a merchandising variable:

1. A binding event is set
  2. The Products variable is set
  3. The Merchandising Evar has a value

We've been instructed by Adobe to use an incrementing dummy product value (prodmerch#) in the product string, along with an event (event48 'Merchandising Instances), to capture instances against any Merchandising Evar. I've also seen this in use on other retail sites. However, there is no binding event present.

In this particular case, we are trying to count clickthroughs upon internal campaigns (event71). Internal campaigns are captured into Evar2, and typically result in a product listing page (before the prodView event). After a clicking upon an internal campaign, the resulting page is tagged as

s.events = event71,event48 s.products = ;productmerch123 eVar2 = 123456

My question is this. Since I want the Evar to bind to an actual SKU (not a dummy SKU), how can I meet all three criteria when using Conversion Variable Syntax?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Just gathering info here - what's the current limitation(s) in setting your internal campaign variable to a standard non-merchandising eVar? Based on the current information provided, it looks like it would be the simplest solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Just gathering info here - what's the current limitation(s) in setting your internal campaign variable to a standard non-merchandising eVar? Based on the current information provided, it looks like it would be the simplest solution.

Former Community Member

Certainly the simplest route, yes. For these internal campaigns, we're looking to associate the purchased SKUS for those promotions, not the entirety of the order.

The 'Instances' metric in itself is counted for the Merchandising Evar, but any other event will not increment for Conversion Variable Syntax.