Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

In workspace is possible to create a report with all the data in 1 file?

Level 2

Hi,

I have a question, i do not know if the program is capable of create a one report (in an excel file) with all the data without separate in pages?

I have a table with all the data but have 42000 terms and i want all in one file, this is possible in Adobe siteCatalyst or Adobe analytics in the section of workspace?

Thank you all

Regards.

José Miguel.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Jose - Workspace is not recommended for bulk data export (max limit - 200 rows in table). It is a visualization workspace creating dashboard-like analysis projects. So, you will need to use either reports section or the data warehouse tool within Adobe Analytics.

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 5

Hi Jose,

I think this forum thread - Download/Export report CSV Format - No.of rows limit   should help you out.

Do let me know in case it doesn't.

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar.

Level 2

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for answer, the case works in the report section, but im in the workspace section and the options that i saw in the page that you send does not work to workspace, exists another option in workspace or i need to pass the table of workspace to report section?

Thank you and regards.

José Miguel.

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Jose - Workspace is not recommended for bulk data export (max limit - 200 rows in table). It is a visualization workspace creating dashboard-like analysis projects. So, you will need to use either reports section or the data warehouse tool within Adobe Analytics.

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar.

Level 2

Hi again Saurabh,

I do not know if Adobe Sitecatalyst have a API to load in an programing language for example PHP, if exists, there is an code example to test this API? How can not get the results how i want, i will try get the data and print in the code.

Thank you again and regards.

José Miguel.

Employee Advisor

There are a few options you can consider:

• Report Builder: An Excel Add-in that lets you import data directly into a spreadsheet.
  • Data Warehouse: A request UI that lets you specify the dimensions and metrics you want, then the tool sends you a CSV file when it's done processing.
  • Data Extract: A legacy tool that lets you take a report in Adobe Analytics and translate it into a CSV. I believe it supports up to 50K rows.
  • Data feed: This is as raw as the data gets. Every hit is a line, and you can include or exclude which columns you'd like.
  • Reporting API: Lets you query our servers directly with report requests. Report Builder uses this reporting API to insert data in spreadsheet cells.

Between one of these, you should be able to obtain the data you're looking for.

Level 2

Hi Gigazelle,

Thanks for answer, but i tried some of the option that you gave me, i have this problems,

- Report Builder: In the report filter only i can create a report with 200 rows, and i need a report with 100000 or more, then this tool take me too much time.

- Data Warehouse: I tried this today and i do not what happend but the report that I created in this tool and the report that I saw in the workspace are different, i have the same dimensions and metrics in both and i got different results.

- Data Extract: With this tool i can not add more that two segments and the report that i need has more than 2 segments.

- Data feed: I do not see this option, i think that i can not see this option because my type of user do not allow me to see this option.

- Reporting API: I want to know more about this option because i think this option will help me to the end, but i need more information about this option, exist an start code and documentation to start to use this tool? i will do it with php.

Regards.

José Miguel.

Employee Advisor

For Data Warehouse, there are a couple of processing differences depending on which metrics and dimensions you choose. There are also some segments that are not supported in Data Warehouse, due to the different processing architecture this platform uses.

For Data Feeds, you will want to talk to an admin within your organization to make sure you have the correct permissions to access this. Once you have the raw data, you can import it into your own database program and run whatever queries you'd like without any limitations.

For the Reporting API, our documentation on it is located here:

Getting Started with the Analytics Reporting API | Adobe Developer Connection