Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

In App tracking Clic and Loading Time

Level 4

Hi Community,

I'm trying to understand how to find the specifications needed to track correctly some elements in my App:

1. Clicks that occurs on some specific buttons (Information on my order, order details, etc...)
  2. Loading time of specific pages (order details page for example). 

I found this documentation that is helping me a bit, but I'm not sure to understand everything correctly.

When the documentation says "Map the context data name that is defined in your code, for example, a.action=myapp.ActionName, to a custom event.

Does it mean that I need to add the "a.action=myapp.ActionName" manually in my code, on each button I when to track?

Then I can go to mobilemarketing.adobe.com to maps the variables as mentioned in the documentation?

Do you have any advices or do you know any other documentation I can look at in order to help me?

Thanks a lot for your help,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Swanan_ Yes, you are right you need to manually add the code at the app end, you need to add trackAction code to trigger any clicks and send the context data - data points or values in that trackAction and then map that to events , evar through processing rule in Adobe analytics UI

You can refer to this video for better understanding

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics-learn/tutorials/mobile-app-analytics/implementatio...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Swanan_ Yes, you are right you need to manually add the code at the app end, you need to add trackAction code to trigger any clicks and send the context data - data points or values in that trackAction and then map that to events , evar through processing rule in Adobe analytics UI

You can refer to this video for better understanding

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics-learn/tutorials/mobile-app-analytics/implementatio...