Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Identify Last Instance of Event

Level 2

Visitors to one of our websites are asked to identify their intention to re-register (or not).They have until a certain date to make their final decision. During this period they can switch it between Yes/No as many times as they want.

How can I create a segment that identifies the final (most-recent) selection?

Ali

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @AliMaleki : Again these are my thoughts but good to see what the experts say on this:

Here I'm trying to use 'sequential segment' with criteria (only after sequence) & with the logic using 'Then' after 1 Hit (could be same visit, different, etc.) but within the finalized certain date (could be days, weeks, months, etc.)

As the problem statement says - intention to re-register, so assuming they are already registered & logged-in, like the case below (here in our organization, we capture users who are logged-in/out that means they are registered), then use the segment condition & identify only visitors who qualify for 'No' criteria.

madhurc30892467_1-1582321112159.png

I hope this might help.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 3

Hi,

Do you capture the responses in an evar & associate it with some event? One way is to make use of these & create segments based on the mentioned.
Just thinking out loud - but do the URL's remain same for both 'Yes or No'? Probably - you can create a sequential segment & specify within 'Hit', time range, etc.

What happens after the certain date - do their responses gets finalized?
You can probably use this condition to see users responses - 'if they fall in this category THEN do the ...'

Level 2
Hi, We capture the "Yes" or "No" in an eVar and set an event. The URLs remain the same. Yes their response is finalized at a certain date. I thought about a segment along the lines of "Equals Yes Then Doesn't Equal No" but in theory a person can chose Yes then change it to No and then Yes again!

Level 2

We capture the "Yes" or "No" in an eVar and set an event. The URLs remain the same.

Yes their response is finalized at a certain date.

I thought about a segment along the lines of "Equals Yes Then Doesn't Equal No" but in theory a person can chose Yes then change it to No and then Yes again!

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @AliMaleki : Again these are my thoughts but good to see what the experts say on this:

Here I'm trying to use 'sequential segment' with criteria (only after sequence) & with the logic using 'Then' after 1 Hit (could be same visit, different, etc.) but within the finalized certain date (could be days, weeks, months, etc.)

As the problem statement says - intention to re-register, so assuming they are already registered & logged-in, like the case below (here in our organization, we capture users who are logged-in/out that means they are registered), then use the segment condition & identify only visitors who qualify for 'No' criteria.

madhurc30892467_1-1582321112159.png

I hope this might help.

Thanks

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?