Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

I can't edit the label on a bar stacked visualization

Level 2

If I click on a stacked bar chart to edit the label, it will allow me to edit but won't save any of the labels I edit. It's my own workspace and I have rights to edit. I can change line graph labels as I please, but not stacked bar charts. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi everyone!

So this should now be resolved.

I was able to test and confirm.

Sincerely,

Ali

View solution in original post

26 Replies

Community Advisor

Yes, a lot of people started experiencing this late Friday.... it looks like a bug introduced by a code release... this needs to be fixed by engineering.

Level 2

Is there anywhere we can see a status report for this bug from Adobe? 

Community Advisor

I've never seen a public repository (which would be nice)... I haven't logged the issue myself, I don't know, but hope, the people I was talking to that discovered the issue did log it.... 

The best advice I can provide is to log the ticket yourself with Client Care, so that hopefully you can get updates on the status of the fix.

Employee

Hi, you can check our latest release note. And after this issue is fixed, you can find AN-323246 in the "Fixes in Adobe Analytics" section.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/release-notes/latest.html?lang=en

Level 1

Are there any news on the fix? Its a quite big problem if you do reports for management and you cant edit the labels

Community Advisor

I had the same issue on Friday.  I haven't tried today, but am glad to see it wasn't just me.

Level 4

This is not limited to stacked bars, I am seeing this on "Donut" visualization as well. 

Community Advisor

One of my Adobe contacts has confirmed they are looking at the issue.. hopefully this will mean it gets fixed soon.

But given the upcoming long weekend, I expect the earliest it might happen would be late next week or the week after (allowing for development and QA time)... but depending on the issue, it could take longer... who knows.... 

Employee

One workaround is to change the type to "Line graph" and after editing the label change the type back to "area/bar stacked graph".

Community Advisor

Great find @m_nakayama!!

That doesn't work for donut chart.  Let me know if you have anything else up your sleeve!

Level 1

Does not work still. Does that involve so much work that it can't be fixed for a month? I can't get sign-offs on my work because of the issue.

Level 1

Seeing this today. Any luck with a fix?

Level 2

I am still experiencing this problem. Is there any update from AA on when this will be fixed? It is severely limiting the readability of dashboards.

Employee

Hi everyone!

So just an update, this was fixed on 7/3 by Engineering for line charts but not for bar graphs.

So the aforementioned AN-323246 - Unable to edit labels for the legends in a Visualization has been re-opened.

I will try to update here when this is resolved for other visualizations.

Sincerely,

Ali

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi everyone!

So this should now be resolved.

I was able to test and confirm.

Sincerely,

Ali