Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to tracking PayPal with AdobeAnaytics?

Former Community Member

Hi,all

I'd like to know how to track PayPal using AdobeAnaytics.

How do you measure people who have purchased using PayPal in online store?

[img]paypal.gif[/img]

Thank you so much for any advice!smiley

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

I am assuming the scenario would be PayPal processes the transaction on PayPal.com and then redirects back to the site. PayPal.com is usually blocked as a tracked referrer as it could impact attribution and a Custom Conversion variable is allocated to track payment method type choice all the way through to order confirmation.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

I am assuming the scenario would be PayPal processes the transaction on PayPal.com and then redirects back to the site. PayPal.com is usually blocked as a tracked referrer as it could impact attribution and a Custom Conversion variable is allocated to track payment method type choice all the way through to order confirmation.

Best,

Brian

Former Community Member

Dear Brian,

Thank you so much for your reply and sorry my reply was delay.
I'm afraid my expressions may be rude or hard to read, because I'm not so good at English.
And if my understanding is not correct, sorry ><..

Yes, your scenario is correct.
That is to say, we couldn't track PayPal conversion by Adobe Analytics, isn't it?

This article explain how to track PayPal conversion by Google Analytics.
http://www.lovesdata.com/blog/2014/paypal-google-analytics/
Adobe Analytics cann't track like this?

Best regards,

Yuichi

Employee

Hi,

I am not familiar with an Adobe Analytics equivalent methodology using Zapier, but if it allows custom code then Adobe Analytics may be able to be configured as such.

If PayPal redirects to a Thank You page on the main site that provides enough to set all the tracking necessary on that final page.

Best,

Brian

Former Community Member

Dear Brian,

Thank you so much for your kindness.

Best regards,

Yuichi