Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to Rank Page URLs by Lowest Exit Rate from Site

Level 1

Hey Adobe Community,

I'm working with a journalistic publication right now and I was wondering if there was a way I could lay out a freeform table that ranks stories by the volume of page views to another page on site (i.e. - what stories had the lowest exit rate) over a given period of time. 

The flow and fallout visualizations are helpful for analyzing individual pages once at a time, but I'm having an issue analyzing multiple pages simultaneously. 

Any help is much appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Its a tough metric as the problem is each page can cause multiple variations... I personally don`t leverage exit rate as my main KPI.

From a journalistic perspective typically people are interested in what drive users to read as many article as possible. In addition to that its also needed to know how engaged and re ganged are the users. these pageviews cause impressions which often times impact the ads viewed by your users.(which puts money in your pocket)

So as a high level summary you could run a Full Paths Report . Warning it will have alot of variations.

The challenge is though given 1 page what other pages do users look at as well... 

What I like to do is Next page flow. Again here is a challenge as its a 1 to many report so hard to make easily consumable.

Also metrics like pageviews per visit, Avg visit duration, return frequency are also metrics that could help you gauge content consumption by page to help you understand how users interact on your website.

There are other methods but it really depends on business strategies.

GLTU

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Its a tough metric as the problem is each page can cause multiple variations... I personally don`t leverage exit rate as my main KPI.

From a journalistic perspective typically people are interested in what drive users to read as many article as possible. In addition to that its also needed to know how engaged and re ganged are the users. these pageviews cause impressions which often times impact the ads viewed by your users.(which puts money in your pocket)

So as a high level summary you could run a Full Paths Report . Warning it will have alot of variations.

The challenge is though given 1 page what other pages do users look at as well... 

What I like to do is Next page flow. Again here is a challenge as its a 1 to many report so hard to make easily consumable.

Also metrics like pageviews per visit, Avg visit duration, return frequency are also metrics that could help you gauge content consumption by page to help you understand how users interact on your website.

There are other methods but it really depends on business strategies.

GLTU

Level 4

Hey @Muskrat9  - We do have a dimension Exit Page and metrics 'Exits' to see on which page people exit the most, once you get the top exit pages, make a segment of those pages and then use a freeform table with this segment to view the pageviews for other pages that you want to analyze