Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to isolate a sequence of pages with segments?

Level 5

Hi, I want to ivnestigate a specific user journey and need to focus on what happened between a certain sequence of 4 page views. How would I isolate that with a segment? When I apply Fallout Report and create a segment based on that, the tool suggests me to use the Visit dimension: but I'm not interested in the whole visit of that user who pursued this sequence of page views. When I change to "Hit-"dimension, I get no data - probably because 4 pages connected with "then"-operator aren't allowed for Hits.

What am I doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

To find out this information you could go into the full path report and then add a sequential segment on it. The segment definition would include all visits where the Page equals X -> Then within 1 visit, Page equals Y -> Then within 1 visit, Page equals Z. 

This would give out the paths which include X>Y>Z series of page views. I hope this gives you the required information

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Alessandro, 

What you are trying to achieve can be done by using the Pathfinder report. It should be there under Paths> Pages menu option. After you find it, you can select the type of pattern for your pages and analyse them for trends. 

Let me know if that works out for you.

Tanmay

Level 5

Not really. Since I don't only need to know IF that sequence occured, but rather WHAT occured during that sequence, which I can only find out by applying a specific metric. 

My case is this: User can visit pages W, X, Y, Z in this order but he can also skip W and directly start this process with X. During the same visit I have both journeys. Now I need to know the amount of a custom success event for Z for both journeys.

How could I filter that information?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

To find out this information you could go into the full path report and then add a sequential segment on it. The segment definition would include all visits where the Page equals X -> Then within 1 visit, Page equals Y -> Then within 1 visit, Page equals Z. 

This would give out the paths which include X>Y>Z series of page views. I hope this gives you the required information

Thanks!