Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to get actual data from sampled data?

Level 1

If my Omniture data is being sampled at 10% and I want to get the total volume of data, can I just multiple it by 10?

I realize the accuracy would increase as the volume increases. The volume I'm getting is in tens of thousands and I'm wondering whether I should be multiplying it with 10 to get the actual data or some other number? The number seems lower than what I expected so I'm wondering if I should be multiplying it with a number greater than 10.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you're sampling 10:1, multiplying by 10 would be correct to get the ball park figure you're looking for. If it's lower than you expected, there's a couple routes I'd recommend persuing:

• If its available, get the unsampled data to query against
  • Double check the implementation on the page and make sure everything is working correctly

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you're sampling 10:1, multiplying by 10 would be correct to get the ball park figure you're looking for. If it's lower than you expected, there's a couple routes I'd recommend persuing:

• If its available, get the unsampled data to query against
  • Double check the implementation on the page and make sure everything is working correctly