Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

How to get actual data from sampled data?

Level 1

If my Omniture data is being sampled at 10% and I want to get the total volume of data, can I just multiple it by 10?

I realize the accuracy would increase as the volume increases. The volume I'm getting is in tens of thousands and I'm wondering whether I should be multiplying it with 10 to get the actual data or some other number? The number seems lower than what I expected so I'm wondering if I should be multiplying it with a number greater than 10.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you're sampling 10:1, multiplying by 10 would be correct to get the ball park figure you're looking for. If it's lower than you expected, there's a couple routes I'd recommend persuing:

• If its available, get the unsampled data to query against
  • Double check the implementation on the page and make sure everything is working correctly

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you're sampling 10:1, multiplying by 10 would be correct to get the ball park figure you're looking for. If it's lower than you expected, there's a couple routes I'd recommend persuing:

• If its available, get the unsampled data to query against
  • Double check the implementation on the page and make sure everything is working correctly