Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

how to break page url

Level 3

How can i break page urls to form kind of drill down analysis. like i have 4 parametes appended at end of link and i need individual values of all these 4 variables rather than sing url.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Are you capturing each of these parameters in their own evar? If so, you should be able to use the evars for them to analyze the data.

If not, you can set up a classification rule on the URL and use regex to break out the pieces. Classifications can be done through the importer or the rule builder. In this case, you would likely want the rule builder, and then set up different rules for each of the parameters. The classification does have a couple hour delay though, so if you want to look at day of traffic, having individual evars for each of the parameters would be better.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by

Are you capturing each of these parameters in their own evar? If so, you should be able to use the evars for them to analyze the data.

If not, you can set up a classification rule on the URL and use regex to break out the pieces. Classifications can be done through the importer or the rule builder. In this case, you would likely want the rule builder, and then set up different rules for each of the parameters. The classification does have a couple hour delay though, so if you want to look at day of traffic, having individual evars for each of the parameters would be better.

Level 3

we have not captured it with different evars.

how and where i can run this regex and clasification.

Classification rule builder is under the "admin" menu at the top of the workspace. If you haven't set up a classification yet for the url, you will first need to go into the URL evar (admin - report suites - conversion variables) and create the classification, and then go into the rule builder and use regex to create the rules.

This is some info about the classification rule builder  https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/classifications/classifications-rulebui...

Community Advisor

Another thing to consider, if these are always the same parameters, you can set up eVars and capture each query string parameter as its own eVar. I know this doesn't help with past data, but if your URLs are long (particularly if 4 query string parameters and their values are being added to the end), you don't run the risk of the URL being truncated and not being able to parse the information later....