Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to avoid same events fire in each click inside the same page.

Level 2

Hi there! 

I created an event in Launch to track a button, it works but happens that all clicks after the new event is fired, also fire the same event, is there a way to avoid the event fires when we click in other link, button, etc.?

I´m new using Launch, hope someone can help.

Thank you

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

@DMaya - Are you saying the same call fires again, or that subsequent calls on the page include the success event that should only be associated with the button click?

If it's the former, your selector is probably too broad and needs to be updated. If it's the latter, make sure you're clearing the s.events value after the click event/rule fires so it doesn't persist to subsequent calls.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

@DMaya - Are you saying the same call fires again, or that subsequent calls on the page include the success event that should only be associated with the button click?

If it's the former, your selector is probably too broad and needs to be updated. If it's the latter, make sure you're clearing the s.events value after the click event/rule fires so it doesn't persist to subsequent calls.

Level 2

Hi @evolytics_brian, thank you, it's the second, so, do I need to to set this cleaning into the rule?

Level 8
@DMaya - Yes. In your rule, add an action at after sending the beacon that uses the Adobe Analytics extension's "Clear Variables" option.