Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How long before New Processing rules takes effect on data?

Level 8

Hello Adobe Community ?

I made some changes on a Processing rule, and I was wondering how long I would have to wait before it takes effect?

Is it like classifications (24h) ?

Kind regards,

and cheers for the Adobe Analytics community !

M.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi..

Processing rules are applied immediately to the report suite after they are saved. Changes from processing rules should be visible in your report suite within minutes of saving. When testing processing rules, Adobe recommend configuring Real-Time Reports in your test report suite so you can quickly see the results of a processing rule.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi..

Processing rules are applied immediately to the report suite after they are saved. Changes from processing rules should be visible in your report suite within minutes of saving. When testing processing rules, Adobe recommend configuring Real-Time Reports in your test report suite so you can quickly see the results of a processing rule.

Level 8

Great !

Thanks Ramesh! quite logical indeed.
So that also means that Data before saving the processing rule wont be processed ?

Kind regards !

Level 5

Yes, It starts processing data after you saved processing rule.

Level 1

Hi,

Do we know if this logic has changed?  It appears that a change in my processing rules has resulted in it updating historic data. Does this seem right?  Haven't been able to find anything on the web about this.

Cheers

Employee

Hi,

Logic for the Processing Rules is still the same, it is applied as soon as it is saved in the UI, it will not impact historical data.

Level 4

I understand that changes to processing rules will not affect historical data. What are my options to adjust historical data according to the new processing rules?