Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How do I delete a dimension or metric?

Level 1

The delete option seems hidden for me, though I have admin access.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

If you're unable to see the delete option despite having admin access, there could be a few reasons:

1. Interface issue: It's possible that the interface is not loading correctly. Try refreshing the page or clearing your browser cache to see if the delete option becomes visible.

2. Access permissions: Double-check your user permissions in the Adobe Analytics Admin Console. Even if you have admin access, there might be specific restrictions on deleting certain items. If necessary, contact your account administrator to confirm your access level and permissions.

3. Feature restrictions: Some features or options might be disabled for your organization, either due to account settings or limitations of your Adobe Analytics subscription. Contact Adobe Support to inquire about any restrictions that may be affecting your account.

4. Specific item restriction: The item you are trying to delete may have certain restrictions that prevent deletion. This could be due to its association with other items or processes. In such cases, you may need to disassociate or modify the item before deletion becomes possible.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Dimensions (eVars and props) and Metrics (success events) are configured within report suite settings. If you can't access those settings, then yes, you don't have the necessary permissions to delete (nor edit) them.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

If you're unable to see the delete option despite having admin access, there could be a few reasons:

1. Interface issue: It's possible that the interface is not loading correctly. Try refreshing the page or clearing your browser cache to see if the delete option becomes visible.

2. Access permissions: Double-check your user permissions in the Adobe Analytics Admin Console. Even if you have admin access, there might be specific restrictions on deleting certain items. If necessary, contact your account administrator to confirm your access level and permissions.

3. Feature restrictions: Some features or options might be disabled for your organization, either due to account settings or limitations of your Adobe Analytics subscription. Contact Adobe Support to inquire about any restrictions that may be affecting your account.

4. Specific item restriction: The item you are trying to delete may have certain restrictions that prevent deletion. This could be due to its association with other items or processes. In such cases, you may need to disassociate or modify the item before deletion becomes possible.

Community Advisor

A screen showing here the issue happening may help. However, dimensions and metrics cannot be "deleted". They are enabled/disabled via the report suite manager. Only segments, calculated metrics, and date ranges that you had "created" can be "deleted".

Community Advisor

I agree with this... Metrics and Dimensions can only be enabled/disabled... there is no "delete" (unless you are talking about calculated metrics, or classifications which are essentially "sub-dimensions")