Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I add a Group as a Recepient in a Custome Alert?

Level 2

Hi! I am trying to add a group of users I've created ad a recepient in some cutome alerts, but it's not working. Maybe I am doing something wrong or maybe it's not in my Adobe license. Please help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

When you say "group of users" do you mean in the Admin Console... you created a permission group?

I don't think Alerts works like that... it only works with emails. (Despite appearances of having your own user added as an object, I don't think this interface was ever updated to support typing in a user or a user group with auto-suggest to allow you to select people that way... Honestly, that would be a great feature...)

Here are some options for right now... if your IT department can create mailing list emails, then you can send alerts to that type of email.

Or, if you use Slack or MS Teams, you can create channels... then you can actually get emails for those channels, and send alerts right into those tools... so your users can actually join those channels and get the alerts there, instead of your inbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

When you say "group of users" do you mean in the Admin Console... you created a permission group?

I don't think Alerts works like that... it only works with emails. (Despite appearances of having your own user added as an object, I don't think this interface was ever updated to support typing in a user or a user group with auto-suggest to allow you to select people that way... Honestly, that would be a great feature...)

Here are some options for right now... if your IT department can create mailing list emails, then you can send alerts to that type of email.

Or, if you use Slack or MS Teams, you can create channels... then you can actually get emails for those channels, and send alerts right into those tools... so your users can actually join those channels and get the alerts there, instead of your inbox.

Level 2

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the answer. What is really confusing is that when you type a group name, this error appears:

veronoboa_0-1684843824428.png

Which makes you think that you can add groups. But in practice you can't. Maybe this is something Adobe is working on? I really hope so!

Regards,

Veronica

Community Advisor

Lol, I couldn't even get that far... when I typed in a name I know is in our Admin Console, and hit enter... it just disappeared...  (unless that showed up an I missed it).

I agree though, it should work...