Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

How can I verify a Display View Through (last touch) using Chrome Developer Tools?

Level 3

Hey - I am setting up new marketing channel processing rules, and I am hoping to find a way of validating that my rules for Display View Through's are working the way I expect.

Assuming I see a display ad for company x, and instead of clicking on the ad, I visit company x's website directly... is there a way for me to see that the hit for that visit was chalked up to a Display View Through (last touch) using chrome developer tools?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 3

Hey, @Michael_Wills, I don't think there is a way to check this via Chrome Dev Tools; the reason is that the last touch channel is set during the post-processing at Adobe's end (server-side).

Level 3

Hmm ok, thanks for the response. So, all I can then think of to verify it is:

1. Clear all browser cache for test

2. Have paid media team set up a dummy ad for me and push it live

3. Me to view said ad "in the wild" using cache cleared browser, and don't click on it

4. Close browser

5. Open browser and visit destination site/page that the ad was set up for (and assume that my "Direct" rule does not override my Display View Through last touch - because I've told it not to in the Marketing Channels config)

6. Wait a couple of hours for data to emerge in AA and confirm if rules were followed correctly.

Can you see anything wrong with this approach? Thanks again ... really appreciate it!