Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How can I report on subdomains?

Level 2

Hello,

Is it possible to show subdomains in the referring domains report? How? If not, where is this shown?

Thanks,

Walter

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Walter,

The referrer reports are based on the internal URL filters. So if you have put your domain in the list mywebsie.com, all the subdomains will be considered as internal and will be stripped out of the referrer reports. however I believe if you only listed a subdomain subdomain.mywesite.com, only this subdomain will be considered as internal and all the other subdomains will be under referrer.

You might want to use a custom prop to capture internal referrer.

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Walter,

The referrer reports are based on the internal URL filters. So if you have put your domain in the list mywebsie.com, all the subdomains will be considered as internal and will be stripped out of the referrer reports. however I believe if you only listed a subdomain subdomain.mywesite.com, only this subdomain will be considered as internal and all the other subdomains will be under referrer.

You might want to use a custom prop to capture internal referrer.

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes