Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

How can I have more unique visitors than new visits?

Level 3

So the summary below shows the unique visitors, new visits, and return visits to my URL from since it launched.

I am wondering how it is possible to have a scenario where unique visitors is greater than new visits, shouldn't it be equal or lower?

new visits.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hmm that is strange.... is there any other logic at play here? Any additional segments at the panel level? Or maybe you are using a Virtual Report Suite that has some strange logic that might be causing such an oddity?

Are you by any chance using any implementations on the front end to force an ECID for cross domain / cross platform stitching (i.e. passing App ECID to a Webview)?

I cannot replicate this with my data....

Level 3

Hi Jennifer, I'm not really sure what the answer to that is but I can follow-up.

However, thinking about this again, I am now feeling that the numbers are perfectly sensible.

The new visit segment seems to be defined at a visitor level for where Visits = 1 specifically. In that case, if Person 1 Visits the site on Day 1, they are classified as a Unique visitor, with a New visit.

However, if they return again on Day 4, they now have a total of 2 visits, and are removed from the New Visit category, but are within the "Return visit" category. 

I think the key to understanding my question is this example below. Would the New visits segment be 0 in this case, if we are looking at the date range from Day 1 to Day 21?

Example_new_visit.png

Community Advisor

Ok, maybe I had misunderstood your question....

Yes, your segment is looking at the Visit count for that visitor... if they only have made a single visit in the reporting period they will show in "New Visit"... if they visit again, their visit count becomes 2, removing them from "New Visit" and moving them to "Return Visit".

I thought you were asking about getting cross over between your segments (which was harder to gauge since we were comparing UVs to Vs.... but in my tests, the two segments were in isolation of one another.

Community Advisor

I am thinking of the case where a visitor visited some other pages on your site on the first visit and not that particular URL. Then on a returned visit go to that URL.

Level 1

Heeyy i have a question, how is possible create this report? 

i need a report that give me information whith links create whith UTM and i dont know how see or create this report, i have only Landing Page report  

Somebody help me pleasee