Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How can I find 'customer id' dimension?

Level 1

Hi everyone.

I've tried to figure out how many GUID does my client's website have.

Luckly, I found how to make 'Calcurated Metrics' using 'Approximate Distinct Count' in Analytics.

(Approximate Count Distinct Function in Calculated Metrics | Adobe Analytics)

In the video, the instructor used 'Customer id (evar74)' dimension.

However, I couldn't fing 'Customer id' dimension in my AA workspace.

Was the name changed?

If not, please tell me how to find 'customer id' dimension. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As you can see in the video that you watched the instructor used an eVar report so a Custom Conversion report. Unless your report suite has the same implementation, it is unlikely you will have customer id available in the same eVar on your side or at all.

You will need to do the implementation yourself to send the customer id inside an eVar if you want to track this. By default no customer id or even the MID from visitor id services is tracked.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As you can see in the video that you watched the instructor used an eVar report so a Custom Conversion report. Unless your report suite has the same implementation, it is unlikely you will have customer id available in the same eVar on your side or at all.

You will need to do the implementation yourself to send the customer id inside an eVar if you want to track this. By default no customer id or even the MID from visitor id services is tracked.