Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attention: Experience League Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
SOLVED

High Traffic From Switzerland in Countries Report

Level 3

Hi all,

I have noticed that there is always a high traffic from Switzerland appear in our Countries Report on global report suites BUT NOT on other individual report suites every day.
There cannot be so much traffic coming from Switzerland while our company is based in Asia. Switzerland appears to be in the top 3 traffic source which cannot be true.

We did check our akamai report but it does not show that much traffic from Switzerland. 

Is there any explanation for such weird situation? 

Thank you very much!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

By the way, we had already got the report. After discussing with another colleague, we managed to get an IP report (geo-segmented by Switzerland) from data warehouse broken down by time visitors spend on the site and also on pages. We can see that there are a lot of IP from Switzerland that stays on our site for less than 15 sec(it seems that 15 sec is the minimum unit). We are investigating these IPs. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Country data is based on IP address, so it sounds like there may be a small subset of IPs that are contributing to what you're seeing. You can pull a data warehouse report to see what's going on.

This does seem like it'd require Customer Care to take a look at the actual data, but if I had to take a wild guess, one of your report suites has bot filtering on while the other does not.

---
If this answer was helpful, mark it with a 'heart'. If it answered your question, mark it correct.

Level 3

Gigazelle wrote...

Country data is based on IP address, so it sounds like there may be a small subset of IPs that are contributing to what you're seeing. You can pull a data warehouse report to see what's going on.

This does seem like it'd require Customer Care to take a look at the actual data, but if I had to take a wild guess, one of your report suites has bot filtering on while the other does not.

---
If this answer was helpful, mark it with a 'heart'. If it answered your question, mark it correct.

Hi,

That was my first time using data warehouse. So, I pulled a report for last month broken down by IP and chose metrics was Visits. Is that the right report? and, what should I check on that report?
It does take a long time to retrieve. Half an hour has passed and no report has been sent yet.

How do I know if my report suites have bot filtering or not? 

If I need Customer Care to check the actual data, how should I do it?

Thanks.  

Employee Advisor

You're looking for an IP address with very high visits coming from Switzerland. You can add the geosegmentation countries breakdown to help differentiate IPs from each other.

Data Warehouse reports greatly vary in request time. Here's an article on request time:
http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/home/index.html#kb-dw-delivery-time

And here's information on bot rules:
https://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/reference/index.html#Bot_Rules

Customer Care does not investigate spikes and drops in data, unless there are explicit discrepancies within the product. More information on spikes and drops can be found here:
http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/home/index.html#kb-spikes-and-drops

---
If this answer was helpful, mark it with a 'heart'. If it answered your question, mark it with a star.

Correct answer by
Level 3

By the way, we had already got the report. After discussing with another colleague, we managed to get an IP report (geo-segmented by Switzerland) from data warehouse broken down by time visitors spend on the site and also on pages. We can see that there are a lot of IP from Switzerland that stays on our site for less than 15 sec(it seems that 15 sec is the minimum unit). We are investigating these IPs.