Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Hide Reports from Main Menu but not from Tab

Level 2

Hi,

currently there are two different types of reports in Analytics (next to workspace):

• Legacy reports in the main menu (which will be deprecated soon)
  • Pre-defined workspace reports, available via the Reports tab on the left

We are currently rolling out Analytics to the organization and I don't want users to see the old legacy Reports & Analytics available from the main menu. I fear users will be confused and the legacy reports are terrible.

I tried the following:

1. Set "Hide Report Tab" in the preferences: Unfortunately this also hides the pre-defined workspace reports.
  2. Remove access to "Reports & Analytics" via the admin console: Appears to have no effect.

Does anyone know if it is possible to hide the legacy "Reports" in the main menu only?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It sort of sounds like Adobe hasn't accounted for that...

What you tried would be the steps I would have taken in your shoes.... I suspect that Adobe hasn't bothered to add that feature, with the old Reports going away they likely deemed the effort not worth it.. but I know.. I bet I have people over here using the old reports and that's not good...

I haven't attempted to lock users out.. but I suspect we can't without breaking the other part...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It sort of sounds like Adobe hasn't accounted for that...

What you tried would be the steps I would have taken in your shoes.... I suspect that Adobe hasn't bothered to add that feature, with the old Reports going away they likely deemed the effort not worth it.. but I know.. I bet I have people over here using the old reports and that's not good...

I haven't attempted to lock users out.. but I suspect we can't without breaking the other part...

Employee

@DotYourIs we have a setting on the back-end that disables this for a given login company.

I just tested it internally and it works!

Before: 

alibrahi_1-1696371724782.png

After:

alibrahi_0-1696371608711.png

Could I have you open a support ticket and reference it here so we can disable it for you?

In the ticket just mention what login company/companies you need it for.

Sincerely,

Ali

Level 2

@alibrahi, not sure why this is/was still visible on your end. But with the discontinuation of the legacy Reports section end of last year, the main menu item also disappeared for us. So the problem got already solved.