Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Google.com shows as referring domains

Level 1

Hi,

I have a question regarding referring domains dimensions. on my referring domain there is "com.google" shows as a referring domains. why is com.google shows as referring domains instead of organic or paid search? is it because of the user typed the website link on google translate and enter the website via google translate? or is there any other possibilities? Thankyou!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Have you validated that your paid search detection rules are properly defined?  Are your marketing campaigns properly tagged in accordance with those rules?

Aside from that, google domains do not only serve as search engines and its not uncommon to have some traffic bucketed there.  One frequent example is display ads.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Have you validated that your paid search detection rules are properly defined?  Are your marketing campaigns properly tagged in accordance with those rules?

Aside from that, google domains do not only serve as search engines and its not uncommon to have some traffic bucketed there.  One frequent example is display ads.

Level 1
Hi yes, i believe the rules are correctly defined and the campaigns is already aligned with the rules. For the display ads yes that is true google can be bucketed there because google also had GDN as their display channels. but for referring domains i can't think a way com.google ca be bucketed there if we already setup the marketing channel rules correctly.

Level 1

Hi @dimas_wahyu_jay was it Display ads that were the answer to your question or something else?