Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Fixed- rolling date ranges

Level 2

HI there!

I want to analyze a recent site update with 3 time periods:

• Since refresh: Refresh day (fixed) to yesterday (rolling) 
  • Prior to refresh: Days prior to refresh that matches the "since refresh timeframe" (rolling) to Day prior to refresh day (fixed)
    • if the refresh happened 5 days ago, I'd want this time frame to be 5 days long today and tomorrow, when the refresh happened 6 days ago I'd want this time frame to update to 6 days prior
  • Refresh Year ago period: Year ago refresh day (fixed) to comparable number of days since refresh
    • if the refresh happened 5 days ago, I'd want this time frame to be 5 days long today and tomorrow, when the refresh happened 6 days ago I'd want this time frame to update to 6 days prior

I created 3 custom time periods that I am using as rows in a free form table. I am only able to achieve the first.

I saw this thread from a few years ago: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-ideas/backward-rolling-date-range/i...

but don't see a resolution.

Any updates or suggestions on how to achieve this or do I need to update manually?

Thank you!!

Jen 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unfortunately, you can't have dynamic date ranges for past dates. Dynamic date ranges are only available for future dates, like what you've done with your "Since refresh" time period. There's no resolution to this until Adobe Analytics' engineering decides to implement this feature, for which we (the public) have no visibility on.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unfortunately, you can't have dynamic date ranges for past dates. Dynamic date ranges are only available for future dates, like what you've done with your "Since refresh" time period. There's no resolution to this until Adobe Analytics' engineering decides to implement this feature, for which we (the public) have no visibility on.