Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

First Record for Many Sessions is Page_Event 12 (Exit links)

Level 1

Our company is exporting the data from Adobe Analytics in order to ingest it into our own data base to combine with our own customer data for our analytics.  We've noticed a large number of records that are coming through where the "New_Visit" value is showing as "1" (indicating this is a new session, and this is the first row of this session), but the "Page_Event" value is showing "12" which according to Adobe's documentation is "Exit links."  

Does anyone understand how the first row of data is an "Exit link?"  We're trying to understand what we're seeing.

Thanks for your help,

- Frank

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hey @FAlexander , it seems the configuration of events were done wrong and it has been implemented in rules and build to development. In this case the faulty values get stored in the respected events. I suggest to use a new event for the tagging or you should filter the values not required in the Project Workspace Report.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Have you properly configured your Internal URLs for your server? It sounds like maybe this is configured incorrectly and calculating that this is an "exit" link because it doesn't realize it's an internal server?

Level 1

I'll run this by our AEM development team.  I'm on our data analytics team, we're building the pipeline from Adobe Analytics to our own data servers, so I do not know about how the URLs are configured, but I'll pass this on and see what they say.  Thank you for the response!

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hey @FAlexander , it seems the configuration of events were done wrong and it has been implemented in rules and build to development. In this case the faulty values get stored in the respected events. I suggest to use a new event for the tagging or you should filter the values not required in the Project Workspace Report.

Level 1

Thanks for your response.  I'm on our data analytics team, so we are building the pipeline from Adobe Analytics to our own servers, so I'm not sure what this means, but I'll pass it on to our AEM development team and see if it helps them.

Thanks again.