Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

First Launch runs in pre-installed apps?

Level 1

First Launch runs in pre-installed apps?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Can you help clarify what you are asking?

I am going to guess that when you say "pre-installed apps", you mean that you have had an app for a while (that many people already have installed), and you are adding Lifecycle metrics to a new build, and you would like to know if this will track "First Launches" when people upgrade to the new build with lifecycle added?

I think that Lifecycle metrics connects into deeper app data... I don't think it will inflate First Launches in this scenario, it should trigger the Upgrade Event... for people who upgrade to the new version... 

I am not 100% sure on this thought.... but, I don't recall a huge spike in First Launches when we added LifeCycle metrics, but that was over 3 years ago and I can't check my data any longer...

If it does trigger the First Launches metrics, you will just have to note to your organization that the initial values will be inflated by the introduction of the metrics, but the future benefits will out-way the initial spike....

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Can you help clarify what you are asking?

I am going to guess that when you say "pre-installed apps", you mean that you have had an app for a while (that many people already have installed), and you are adding Lifecycle metrics to a new build, and you would like to know if this will track "First Launches" when people upgrade to the new build with lifecycle added?

I think that Lifecycle metrics connects into deeper app data... I don't think it will inflate First Launches in this scenario, it should trigger the Upgrade Event... for people who upgrade to the new version... 

I am not 100% sure on this thought.... but, I don't recall a huge spike in First Launches when we added LifeCycle metrics, but that was over 3 years ago and I can't check my data any longer...

If it does trigger the First Launches metrics, you will just have to note to your organization that the initial values will be inflated by the introduction of the metrics, but the future benefits will out-way the initial spike....

I'm sorry that my question is too short for you to fully understand.

Samsung.com application is already installed when people buy Samsung smartphones. That kinds of apps mean "pre-installed apps" I mentioned. 

I'm curious wheather First luanch is triggered even if people don't technically install this app.

Community Advisor

Ah, got it.... well... since the metric is "First Launch" I would assume that the first time the user opens said "pre-installed" app that it should trigger.

If the user never opens the app, then it won't track anything....

I don't have anything like a pre-installed app, but I do know that if a user installs an app and never opens it, I won't ever get any tracking...