Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

Adobe Analytics Coffee Break: On Monday, January 30 at 10am PT, the NOAM User Group led by Jennifer Dungan and Jeff Bloomer will be joining us to answer your Analytics related questions. To register and for more information, follow the link to the right.

(Firefox) Cannot send beacon: TypeError: document.body is null


Level 1


I've just updated Firefox to the newest version, and I get the error above when loading my website with Launch deploying the Analytics extension (based on OneTrust consent management).

This error prevents the beacon to be sent.

It looks like the error comes from the last line of the main Analytics (_satellite) JS library.


Anyone experiencing the same ?


7 Replies


Community Advisor

Hmm, I don't see that error. I'm using Firefox 104.0.1 in a private window with "Standard" Enhanced Tracking Protection.

did encounter another error when I first accepted all cookies in the consent banner:


This error is coming from, where the code is apparently incomplete.


Can you upload a screenshot showing your error?


Level 1

Thanks for asking. Here is the screenshot showing the error (this comes from, same website but different country):


Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 13.45.17.png


Community Advisor

Sorry, I still don't see the error in Firefox (in a private window).



Having said that...

I found custom code in your AA extension in your Launch library that contains "document.body". It looks like that code is from the getPercentPageViewed plugin from Adobe. Furthermore, I noticed that this is not in a s.doPlugins code block. (Ref:

As a  result, I think your browser is running that code even before your browser has actually rendered the page properly, thus throwing the error about document.body being null.

Try adding your code in s.doPlugins properly, and see if you still get the error.


Level 1

Thanks for getting back. Wrapping it in s.doPlugins is fixing the error, but I have some collateral effects, so I ended up running my plugin code (making use of document.body) in a rule instead of the custom extension editor. In addition, I conditioned the plugin code if document.body exists. This works fine.