Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

File Downloads Reports now showing all files as unspecified

Level 2

Hi all,

I've recently encountered an issue whereby all of the File download reports are showing as "Unspecified"

We have change the host for these files recently but I thought the File Downloads report would pick up this regardless since the file format (PDF) is the same.

What do I need to do to get the link names back? The number of download instances is appearing fine so no issues there.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5
Hello Stephen, Based on your inputs, it looks like that you have set up some custom logic for capturing link name. That custom logic is parsing file path. Depending upon your analytics set-up, custom logic may be located on file download link onclick attribute or tracking Javascript or Tag manager rule. Let me know if it helps and we can discuss further if needed. Regards, Saurabh Kumar.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 5

Hello,

Can you pls. share download link page URL or the HTML snippet for download link to find the solution?

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar.

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The files themselves resemble something along the lines of the following:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/quick-start-guides/products/DVDPlayer.pdf

I cannot give the direct link due to confidentiality requirements unfortunately. The links are hosted on Amazon S3 and the full link name used to show in the reports but this has now stopped working recently. They have been moved to a different folder in Amazon S3 and are now showing as unspecified. It should be a fairly simple fix but wondering if I can be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,

Stephen

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The files themselves resemble something along the lines of the following:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/quick-start-guides/products/DVDPlayer.pdf

I cannot give the direct link due to confidentiality requirements unfortunately. The links are hosted on Amazon S3 and the full link name used to show in the reports but this has now stopped working recently. They have been moved to a different folder in Amazon S3 and are now showing as unspecified. It should be a fairly simple fix but wondering if I can be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,

Stephen

Correct answer by
Level 5
Hello Stephen, Based on your inputs, it looks like that you have set up some custom logic for capturing link name. That custom logic is parsing file path. Depending upon your analytics set-up, custom logic may be located on file download link onclick attribute or tracking Javascript or Tag manager rule. Let me know if it helps and we can discuss further if needed. Regards, Saurabh Kumar.

Level 7

We have noticed the same thing here. Can you advise if you're using DTM?

Level 2

Saurabh Kumar wrote...

Thanks, this helps. I'm going to look into this a little further and provide more information once available.

Thanks,

Stephen

Level 5
Stephen - Just curious, did this issue got fixed? Regards, Saurabh Kumar.