Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Extract Unique Mobile number from datawarehouse | AA workspace

Level 2

Hi ,

How to extract unique mobile number from last year or current month in AA workspace or extract it from datawarehouse.

Is it possible ? if possible then How ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You mean that you want their actual phone number?

You cannot get this unless they share that with you.. but even IF they share it with you, that is PII and would caution against tracking this information.

Even if you were to use such a value, such as using as part of event serialization, that information is all stored in the raw data which could be a massive privacy issue...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Data Warehouse is much harder (and potentially impossible to pull) based on what other dimensions you need to look at... this is because the UVs are returned at a "per row" (i.e. particular combination of data)... which is perfectly fine for that row.... but you can't add the rows together as you will over count your UV data (the same user included in multiple rows will be added over and over again)

Now, in Workspaces, the totals will be properly de-duplicated.

If you are just looking for generic "mobile devices", you can use Adobe's standard "Mobile Device Type = Mobile Phone"

However, if you consider other things, like tablets or eReaders as "Mobile", then you will have to create a segment that includes all the types you want included.

Once you have this segment applied, you can set you panel to the range you are looking for, use the segment and use standard "Unique Visitors" metric

Such as:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1687527707612.png

Or

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1687527940083.png

Resulting in:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1687527935777.png

This should get you what you need... if you want to see mobile against other device types, then you can simply use:

Jennifer_Dungan_3-1687528289256.png

Level 2

Hi Jenni ,

I appreciate your response, but I have a question about how to retrieve distinct mobile numbers from an AA workspace or data warehouse.

I don't want type of mobile device a user is using; I only want that they have a unique mobile number when they visit my website or buy a product for the first time.

And want to extract unique mobile number who visited first time

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You mean that you want their actual phone number?

You cannot get this unless they share that with you.. but even IF they share it with you, that is PII and would caution against tracking this information.

Even if you were to use such a value, such as using as part of event serialization, that information is all stored in the raw data which could be a massive privacy issue...