Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

event fires but adobe report shows "zero" for that evennt

Level 6

event fires correctly as expected but adobe report shows "zero" for that counter event. What could be the reason?. For the past 6 months it shows zero.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I notice in the above screenshot that you have 

Events = "scAdd,event58,event59,event52"

and

Products = ";*;;;event58=*|event59=1|event52=1"

And you say that event58 and event59 are working... but not event52...

Can you confirm that event52 is configured as "Numeric" and not "Counter" in your admin? Event52 is clearly trying to send data using Numeric syntax, if its still set as a counter, Adobe may be ignoring it due to the mismatched implementation/config....

(Admin > Report Suites ---- choose suite ---- Edit Settings > Conversion > Success Events)

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1702650066734.png

Since your original post called it a "counter event", but I can see that this needs to be a "numeric event" I want to be sure.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey @aagk123 

When you say it is firing correctly.

Can you see the event being passed in network call ? Can you share a screenshot of the network call ?

Do you have the event enabled in the AA report suite ?

Cheers.

Level 6

I can see event firing in omnibug. The event is enabled in report suite.

Community Advisor

Hey @aagk123 

That is weird. Let's solve this.

Could you please share the screenshot of the event being passed? 

You can hide the sensitive data

Community Advisor

@aagk123 That is weird.. 

Could I please confirm if the other events your are passing in the products string have data in them ?

And can you share the screenshot of the RS as well for the events you are passing in products string.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I notice in the above screenshot that you have 

Events = "scAdd,event58,event59,event52"

and

Products = ";*;;;event58=*|event59=1|event52=1"

And you say that event58 and event59 are working... but not event52...

Can you confirm that event52 is configured as "Numeric" and not "Counter" in your admin? Event52 is clearly trying to send data using Numeric syntax, if its still set as a counter, Adobe may be ignoring it due to the mismatched implementation/config....

(Admin > Report Suites ---- choose suite ---- Edit Settings > Conversion > Success Events)

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1702650066734.png

Since your original post called it a "counter event", but I can see that this needs to be a "numeric event" I want to be sure.

Level 6

In the code instead of 3 semi colon I had 4 semi colons   and this was the issue.

;;;;event58

Community Advisor

Hmm but I thought you said that the other events were working? Anyway, I am glad you sorted this out

Community Advisor

What is the report that you're running? If possible, please show a screenshot of it.

If it's not convenient to show a screenshot, please list the dimensions and metrics that you're using. Also include any segments or filters that you've applied.

Level 6

outr of the box month dimension and this event.