Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

eVar not firing on a single page

Level 5

Hi everybody!

Another question 101. We have eVar 3 collecting the page names via HTML on one of our websites. However, there is only one page of the website where it is not firing, and I´m clueless about the reason.

I already checked the code and the HTML "title" is there, the page name appears in the browser tab, and Adobe´s script is correctly implemented on that page, on omnibug the pageview is fired with the other eVars, however, the eVar 3 specifically it not fired. 
Any idea what else I can check or what could be the reason?

thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If the page is missing a doctitle element (in the HTML), your data element will be set to nothing, and therefore not send a value....

This is the most likely scenario based on what you are showing me... our developers are sometimes really bad for missing that... you could try setting a default value of "[missing]" and see if you get your eVar3 populated with that default text when no doctitle is set on the page..... (I do this, so that I can ensure I always have a value - but instead of doing this as default, I have some extra custom code, as I need to do some additional manipulations - but then I can also go back and say... "hey, these pages are missing titles.. please fix them")

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Is that one page using a different rule where eVar3 has not been set to send? How do you have eVar3 set in Launch? Is it using a unique Data Element? The same Data Element that is being used for PageName? Are you using "D=pageName"? Are you using Processing Rules?

There are many ways to set eVar3.. we need to know more about your implementation to really drill into the issue.

Level 5

We are using a unique data element

fern1_0-1681157993264.png

and then we have a global pageview rule with eVar 3

fern1_1-1681158043411.png

Since we have a global rule I´m confused why there is only one page that is not working properly.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If the page is missing a doctitle element (in the HTML), your data element will be set to nothing, and therefore not send a value....

This is the most likely scenario based on what you are showing me... our developers are sometimes really bad for missing that... you could try setting a default value of "[missing]" and see if you get your eVar3 populated with that default text when no doctitle is set on the page..... (I do this, so that I can ensure I always have a value - but instead of doing this as default, I have some extra custom code, as I need to do some additional manipulations - but then I can also go back and say... "hey, these pages are missing titles.. please fix them")

Community Advisor

How does your global rule get triggered?