Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

eVar filled on Omnibug, but getting "Unspecified" on Analytics

Level 2

Hi, Adobe Analytics begginer here.

I am trying to create a conversion variable from a dataLayer object on my site. It looks like this:

germanroncelli_0-1670408337058.png

I can see both the "application" and "team" on Adobe Analytics as they are text strings, but not the "appid" one (this one changes as the user switches from one app inside the website from the other).

I checked Omnibug and I can see the corresponding eVars with the data coming from these:

germanroncelli_1-1670408570930.png

The data element is quite simple:

germanroncelli_2-1670408631570.png

And so does the rule:

germanroncelli_3-1670408683312.png

The eVar is set as the data element:

germanroncelli_4-1670408727543.png

But on Analytics, the App ID variable is "Unspecified":

germanroncelli_5-1670408834406.png

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hmm, next few things to check:

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Are you sure you are looking at the correct "App ID"... Adobe has a reserved dimension with that exact name for Mobile App Version ID.... Make sure you are checking "App ID (eVar6)" and not just "App ID" in your reports?

There should be no conflict in Adobe between the 2, since you could in theory name all your props and eVars "Page" if you wanted to (though no one trying to use your analytics would be impressed if you did that....), and since the underlying element would still have it's unique identifier you would see all the items come up in your Workspace.... I think this is partially why the "(eVarX)" or "(propY)" is added to the name in grey text, if you have the same or similarly named items you can tell them apart.

Level 2

Hi Jennifer, and thank you for your answer! 

I looked at your observation in my setup, and I have chosen the right eVar. For a better use case, I renamed this one to differentiate from the rest. Either way, I can't still see anything besides "Unspecified" on the eVar, even though I can see it through Omnibug.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hmm, next few things to check:

Level 2

Thanks for your reply. Apparently a previous user had tagged things as Merchandising eVar and caused this situation. It is solved.

Thank you!!!

Community Advisor

I'm glad that helped

Funny what a little setting can do... and frustrating if you aren't aware of it.