Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

DTM & Launch switch not capturing environments

Level 2

DTM and Launch switch is not capturing the environments in the drop-down event when follow the mentioned steps and take it back to the environments tab in my web property.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I also face a similar problem with the Launch switch.
I recommend using the solution provided in this link:
https://requestly.com/blog/how-to-load-local-script-in-production-in-adobe-launch/ 
This works well for me every time.

Additionally, as other community members have suggested, you can use -

Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger
Launch Command

Both of these extensions are available in the Chrome extension store.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 6

It should work if you follow the steps

On switch - > Click on login Launch - > Web Property -> Environment -> Click of any environment

Go to the page  -> Reload the page

Try above step, if the issue still persist then uninstall the switch and install it again.

Level 2

I tried these steps, but it's not working.

Community Advisor

I know the DTM and Launch switch extension is simpler and easier to use, but I feel the Adobe Experience Platform Debugger is more comprehensive and well-developed now. I can control multiple debugging options on multiple AEP products so it is recommended to switch over to the new debugger instead.

Level 2

Using Platform Debugger starts generating duplicate beacons, have you encountered this?

Community Advisor

No, never encountered any duplicate beacons. It works the same as the switch extension by replacing the Launch library on the page of your choice.

Community Advisor

Hey @ShMCh 

Did you check the status code of the two calls ? One might be an internal redirect (307 stts code)

Cheers,

Abhinav

Community Advisor

I actually stopped using the Launch and DTM Switch extension years ago because it constantly went buggy like that on me...

I actually use a plugin called "Resource Override" to override the Launch URL to the environment Launch file of my choice... and I turn debugging on and off manually using the console commands

// Turn debugging on
_satellite.setDebug(true);

// Turn debugging off
_satellite.setDebug(false);

I've heard (like @prads mentioned) that you can fix the Launch and DTM Switch by uninstalling and re-installing... but I don't really like things that keep breaking....

I've never tried switching my environments using the Platform Debugger like @leocwlau mentioned, but I've heard other people use it, and not a lot of issues reported, so I would assume its stable.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I also face a similar problem with the Launch switch.
I recommend using the solution provided in this link:
https://requestly.com/blog/how-to-load-local-script-in-production-in-adobe-launch/ 
This works well for me every time.

Additionally, as other community members have suggested, you can use -

Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger
Launch Command

Both of these extensions are available in the Chrome extension store.