Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Does anyone know if Adobe considers a download link click an Exit too?

Level 3

Is it possible for Adobe to count download link clicks as Exits, especially the file opens in a new window.  i realize that Adobe should first and foremost count the download link because its linktype = d, but i don't understand why i see exits measured against download urls.  i'm trying to understand the scenario of why.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Exit links are counted when the redirecting URL is defined in the linkexternalfilters or not defined in the linkinternalfilters. Additionally, you would see lnk_e value in the pev parameter in the Analytics beacon.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Exit links are counted when the redirecting URL is defined in the linkexternalfilters or not defined in the linkinternalfilters. Additionally, you would see lnk_e value in the pev parameter in the Analytics beacon.

Level 3
Thanks, but that doesn't explain when i can breakdown a page by download link (OOTB) and have a number of Exits (OOTB) against the download.

Employee Advisor
The scenario would be when we have a exit link call firing along with the download link call for a page/link.

Employee Advisor

That would require a in-depth insight into the reports. It's most likely due to the implementation. For more details, I'd recommend that you reach out to Client Care with the details.

Level 3
Thanks. My problem wasn''t related to why i saw 'Exits' against downloads. i have discovered that these Exits, also counted for Exits for our props. That has cleared up a lot of confusion.

Level 8
You may have already figured this out, but the "Exits" metric is not the same thing as an exit link. Specific to your Pages report, the metric will tell you the number of times that was the last page viewed (tracked) during a visit.

Level 3
@Brian_Johnson_ everyday is a new day of learning! Yeah, i realized that while debugging and checking.

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?