Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Distinct count of page in a filtered view

Level 1

What I'm trying to do :

• Count the number of unique page an user have seen in a sub portion of our website.
    • I have 1 variable that only captures the account center of our users
    • I'd like to do a "who has seen 6 page within this account center" portion

What I'm doing that doesn't seem to work:

Creating a segment where I have a Hit with "acount center exists" and I embedded a Visit container with page distinctcount equals 6. I understand why it doesn't work, but stuck on what I should do to fix it.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Just an update, I've not yet found a solution that works.... 

The problem with using the distinct count on the dimension is that it's not restricted to the "specific sub section"... it's 6 distinct pages in the site (which you already have seen).

I attempted to do a sequential segment of:

HIT [

Subsection X

AND

VISIT [

Subsection X

THEN

Subsection X

THEN

Subsection X

]

]

While not unique pages, it should result in three pages in Subsection X during the Visit. I am not sure if this is working though, I had some users show up with only 1 PV, but that might be because they ended up with multiple identifiers in the visit, and I just can't see them actually rolled up...

But short of taking the data outside of Adobe and using SQL to pull this data, I don't think that the segment builder can properly do exactly what you need

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Just to clarify, if I were a user, and I visited:

• Page A (Main Section)
  • Page B (Sub Section)
  • Page C (Sub Section)
  • Page D (Main Section)

That shouldn't qualify, since I only saw 2 pages (B and C) inside the subsection during my visit.

Also, if I did:

• Page A (Main Section)
  • Page B (Sub Section)
  • Page B (Sub Section)
  • Page B (Sub Section)
  • Page B (Sub Section)
  • Page C (Sub Section)
  • Page C (Sub Section)
  • Page D (Main Section)

This also wouldn't qualify, since I saw 6 sub-section pages (B [x4], C [x2]), but they were repeated? Or would that be okay since there were 6 page views inside of the sub-section.

And of course:

• Page A (Main Section)
  • Page B (Sub Section)
  • Page E (Sub Section)
  • Page F (Sub Section)
  • Page G (Sub Section)
  • Page C (Sub Section)
  • Page H (Sub Section)
  • Page D (Main Section)

Pages B, C, E, F, G. H (6 unique subsection pages) would qualify to be returned.

Level 1

Correct, your last example is what i'm trying to achieve. 

At the moment, my segment is behaving like :

• Page A (Main Section)
  • Page B (Sub Section)
  • Page E (Sub Section)
  • Page C (Sub Section)
  • Page H (Sub Section)
  • Page D (Main Section)

where the person sees 6 pages, regardless of if there were in the in the main or sub section. 

I want to do a distinctcount only on the subsection.

Community Advisor

OK, I will see if I can come up with something.. the non-repeating pages are going to be the really tricky part.... 

Level 1

We are indeed looking for non-repeating, but if there is no solution, we can settle for count of page view within the segment. (count the repeating page).

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Just an update, I've not yet found a solution that works.... 

The problem with using the distinct count on the dimension is that it's not restricted to the "specific sub section"... it's 6 distinct pages in the site (which you already have seen).

I attempted to do a sequential segment of:

HIT [

Subsection X

AND

VISIT [

Subsection X

THEN

Subsection X

THEN

Subsection X

]

]

While not unique pages, it should result in three pages in Subsection X during the Visit. I am not sure if this is working though, I had some users show up with only 1 PV, but that might be because they ended up with multiple identifiers in the visit, and I just can't see them actually rolled up...

But short of taking the data outside of Adobe and using SQL to pull this data, I don't think that the segment builder can properly do exactly what you need

Level 1

Yes, that make sense and what I thought. I appreciate the effort and time, thank you for your explanation and workaround.