Expand my Community achievements bar.

Discrepancy between Fallout visitor results vs Freeform table visitor results when applying segments

Level 1

When creating a fallout visual, I noticed a difference between the unique visitors in the table vs the fallout.  It turns out it was to do with how another segment was being applied.  When the segment is applied in the Drop Segment Here box, it yields different results to when it is dropped inside the fallout (pic 3).  When it is dropped inside the fallout, it gives the same results as I see in the freeform table (pic 1 and 2); same number of visitors.  

What is the difference between using the segment at the top vs within the fallout chart itself?  

tthmx9_9-1706620294335.png

tthmx9_7-1706620114042.png

tthmx9_5-1706620060659.png

Thanks

2 Replies

Community Advisor

How is your segment defined? Can you show a screenshot of it?

Community Advisor

So there are slightly different contexts in those variations... 

First, you need to remember that the Fallout Reports are Sequential, meaning all the steps before must be hit, before the next step. In the Freeform table, there is no such dependency. 

@yuhuisg is right, seeing the definition of your segment will help.

However, in the Freeform table, you have raw "segment" AND "options" against Visitors

But in the two Fallout Reports, you have the "All Visitors" step above them... however, when you add the segment to the panel, this is impacting the "All Visitors" step, so whatever the definition of your segment is, you've reduced your "All Visitors" from 248K to 83K.. so the fallout will have a different logic applied.

The fact that the number went up is confusing, in the panel segment version, I would expect the numbers to be lower, but it may be something in how your segment was created....